Tuesday 30 December 2008

Apples

I love apples – the taste, the colour, the shape. I’m not sure exactly when I started to collect them. I think it first began when my Mother gave me a very cool set of anodised fruit napkin holders – one of which was an apple. I loved it so much that I kept it out of the box on my dining room side board and it all went from there. Now I have quite a selection, bought here and there on my travels.









In 2006 I made a quilt called - The Apple of My I. It was selected as a finalist in the National Wool Museum’s Biennial Quilt Prize. Here are the words I wrote to explain my work.


The Apple of My I

A quilt, ripe with colour;
a warm and woolly wonder.

Cast Offs – discarded treasures,
a Eureka moment, beauty rekindled.

My creative life, my green apple,
Red is love, Red is passion.

A united seasonal celebration,
many tones, shades of one.

2 comments:

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

that quilt is beautiful, simple and complex at the same time- very inspiring

Katcarne Loves Weddings said...

Great post, much appreciate the time you took to write this