Thursday 10 September 2009

Golden Books

I have loved Golden Books since I was a little girl. At one stage in my youth I had quite a good stack of them – but my Mother in one of her cleaning up and sorting out phases got rid of them. I don’t think I ever quite got over it. It’s the Bower Bird in me. So of course when I discovered op shops and old golden books……well there was no stopping me!

Now I think I have almost 200! My daughter Kitty of course loves them too – but not all of them. The other day she went though the two giant stacks and sorted them into the ones that she wanted to keep and the ones that I could get rid of or use for craft. Kind of her I thought…and pretty funny. Reminded me of my Mother.

Somehow when Mum gave away all my Golden Books I managed to save one very favourite – ‘The night Before Christmas’. Each year on the night before Christmas (I confess – even as a grown up) I have read this book just before going to sleep. I just love the illustrations and my inner child gets terribly excited about the prospect of Santa coming and filling my stocking. Now of course I get to share this tradition with my own children - which makes it even more special.

Thankfully I have come up with a lovely way to ‘recycle’ some of these treasured Golden Books and now turn them into – Golden Book-marks. This year too – some of my treasured books will become Christmas cards. I can’t believe I am already talking about Christmas!

4 comments:

admin said...

Beautiful!! what a great way of using such special reads :)

Lark said...

Hi Morgan, I love these! Will you be selling them?
Allison x

Morgan Wills said...

Thanks! I have been selling them at the occasional craft markets I do for a little while now...and will eventually sell them on my website. Happy to wholesale them if anyone is interested....

zofia said...

Very sweet and buyable!