Thursday 8 July 2010

Pegs

Most of you may not know that I started and have a lot to do with running the Maribyrnong Makers Market. For months now I have been working on a special one-off Youth Makers Market event which will showcase the crafty talents of stallholders 25 years and under. And what an amazing array of talent we have lined up!

By default my 5 year old daughter Kitty – under my guidance of course – will be having her first foray into having a stall herself. She will be our ‘youngest’ and might I add cutest stallholder (who said I wasn’t biased!) Anyway – over the school holidays – she and I have been very busy working on the different things that she would like to sell. One of which is a super cute peg doll kit.

We had a few craft sessions together first to make the sample peg dolls shown in the photo and then from there she worked out what she wanted to put in the kit. The mini ric-rac scarf was a big hit – so there will definitely be some of that, a lovely piece of fabric from my stash for the dress and various buttons, ribbon rosettes, rainbow wool, embroidery thread, paper flowers and perhaps some angel type wings will all go into making the sweetest peg dolly kit ever.

Kitty certainly is a product of her environment and has been so productive that she will have quite a few of these charming little peg doll kits for sale – and at $4 each, I am sure they will be a big hit!

So if you are free next Saturday – make sure to bring the kids and come down to the Footscray Community Arts Centre for a bit of crafty goodness and to support all the wonderfully talented stallholders on show. It should make for a fabulous outing – I can’t wait!



No comments: