Friday 12 August 2011

Singing Silly Songs

I'm going to start this post with an apology to my husband for putting a photo of him in his pj's on the net - but really it was the best image I had of him and the kids to show how much we LOVE singing silly songs in our house.

I'm sure not a day goes by when there isn't a little ditty made up by one of us about another member of the family.
It's all my fault I'm sure - years of singing to the cats and making up silly songs for them mean't that when I had human babies the tradition just continued.

We also all love singing nursery rhymes and funny songs we know so often this turns into a little 'performance' of one sort or another which is filmed on the old digital camera. As the children have got older they have fully embraced the silliness and will pick up instruments to join in or do a little dance.

I love the ukulele action in this photo - it was taken quite a while ago at our old house in Seddon and seeing it again reminds me of that moment. It was LOUD and raucous and very very silly but also lot's of fun!

No comments: